Friday, April 24, 2009

Emily's Poem for the Talent Show

Emily performed recently in her school talent show at Greenfield Jr. High it is titled Fearful.

Fearful,
pitch black in the air
screams dying in the night, ghosts' chains scraping, clattering, clinging to the floor. The smoke of fire filling my lungs with gas pouring out of the trucks tanks only making the oxygen even more deadly. A graveyard, and in the very center a cottage. Bright flowers blooming and vines surround the magical place. Inside dark creatures of some kind lurk around only to lure their prey by the beautiness of the small house. Screams of horror return to the mind. Beads of sweat flowing down my face, making a puddle with each step I take. I am filled with emotions, sad and angry, but most of all scared of how my life ends. With the creatures staring me down to my fate as it creeps behind me to attack as I stray down an endless path.

GOOD JOB EM! We are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment